My Chemical Romance – The Black Parade

 My band is performing "I'm not okay (I promise)" by My Chem during one of my holiday performances. "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" album tune. During the drive home after band practice, I was listening to it on my dad's phone along with the only other song by them I was familiar with, "Welcome to the Black Parade." It turns out that I left that song and the entire album open, and the next day, when my dad was driving to work, he listened to this rock opera. So, instead of continuing with the Rolling Stone Magazine's Greatest 500 albums, we'll talk about this one instead.

In the novel The Black Parade, a cancer patient named "The patient" is greeted by death as his favorite childhood memory—a marching band he watched with his father—before passing away. He makes insightful reflections on his life throughout the songs. The order is not chronological. It starts with him collapsing on a hospital bed, then moves on to crucial times in his life and his encounters with some of his nameless friends and family.

XEM THÊM :
App Live Stream Show Tài Xỉu Khiến Anh Em Vừa Sướng Vừa Có Tiền

Many of the feelings experienced by the main character are brilliantly captured by the music, in my opinion. In tracks like "This Is How I Disappear," which is about desperation and the feeling of insanity, the guitars blare fast deep chords in a minor key with one incredibly extended fall off before they come back up in the chorus. "The Sharpest Lives," the song after that, is comparable to me. The madness appears to lessen a little, but the need to move on from the past and the desperation to do so have taken over. The first stanza is doubled and given a deeper tone at the beginning by a deep voice. It's swift and hardly perceptible, but it's a really neat touch.


The vocals are also crucial to properly establishing this album. The song "Cancer" is about a patient who is battling this illness and watching his condition deteriorate. The singing in this song is sluggish like molasses, demonstrating how his will to life is slowly ebbing away. The entire album is filled with a ton of funny lines. Here's my resignation, one of my personal favorites is "Another contusion, my funeral jag." I'll deliver it in costume.

I thoroughly enjoyed this album as a whole. It's rather exciting to hear the darkness and rage expressed in the fourteen songs, and it's clear how sincere the music is. Even though it's sorrowful and intense, I find it to be a welcome change from the feel-good, repetitious pop music that dominates the radio.


Max had left the album open on my iPhone one evening, as he described above, so the next day I gave it a look. I completed the entire game, and when it was over, I was dejected. It was 7:30 in the morning, and I was genuinely upset. I texted him to let him know that I didn't need to hear this again. I'd had enough of songs with titles like "The End," "Dead," "Cancer," "Disenchanted," "Famous Last Words," and "Blood." But after listening to it a few more times for this review, I was able to enjoy it a little bit more.

I also expressed my admiration for Gerard Way's intensity as the band's main singer. The path takes no prisoners. On every song on the record, he puts everything on the line. This piece requires a complete soul commitment, and that's exactly what it asks. He's not alone, though. The band is right there with him, letting off ferocious guitars, drums, keyboards, and harmonies to let the rage that is driving us to death out. As we examine every aspect of death and regret, the demons are all on display, and rage flows.


“And though you’re dead and gone believe me
Your memory will carry on”


Read Article:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avenged Sevenfold's album review is here: Hail to the King

Avenged Sevenfold: Nightmare Review

Review of Linkin Park: nu-metal escapees move beyond teenage angst